Preparation time 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
6–8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 600 g or 1 1/3 lb.)
30 mL (2 tbsp.) Dijon mustard
To taste, salt and freshly ground pepper
6–8 slices your choice of mild or spicy pancetta
375 mL (1 1/2 cups) uncooked cut macaroni
375 mL (1 1/2 cups) finely chopped onions
250 mL (1 cup) 15% M.F. cooking cream
250 mL (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
500 mL (2 cups) canned diced tomatoes
375–500 mL (1 1/2–2 cups) grated old cheddar
5 mL (1 tsp.) salt
5 mL (1 tsp.) dried oregano
A pinch crushed cayenne pepper flakes (optional)
60 mL (1/4 cup) panko bread crumbs
To taste, chopped fresh parsley to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
2. Spread chicken thighs on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with mustard and season generously with salt and pepper. Roll or fold each thigh and wrap with a slice of pancetta.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, except bread crumbs and parsley.
4. Arrange macaroni mixture in a greased square 22-cm (9-in.) glass baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake chicken thighs for 25 to 30 minutes depending on their size (or until internal temperature reaches 77°C – 170°F).
6. Bake macaroni at the same time for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil from macaroni and sprinkle with bread crumbs; then broil for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Divide macaroni and thighs onto 4 plates. Garnish with chopped parsley.
This dish is easy to prepare and the kids will adore it if you leave out the hot pepper. Perfect for supper with leftovers for lunch the next day. If desired, serve with green vegetables such as brocolini, broccoli or green beans.